Tuesday 22 January 2013

Banana Blueberry Smoothie

I wasn't feeling terribly hungry tonight, so instead of cooking dinner I made a banana and blueberry smoothie!  For extra goodness and to ensure I still received the nutrients I need, I also added chia seeds and almond milk!  OMG, it was soooooo tasty! :)  My daughter also loved it!

Banana Blueberry Smoothie with Chia Seeds & Almond Milk

Ingredients

3 frozen bananas
1 handful fresh blueberries
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp chia seeds
3 cups (approx) almond milk


Peel and cut the bananas into chunks and wash the blueberries.

Put the bananas, blueberries, coconut oil, chia seeds and approx. 3 cups of almond milk into a blender.  Turn it on and blend until smooth.

Pour into 3 glasses and drink.

Enjoy!

Caryl ♥


2 comments:

  1. made it last night without the coconut oil (forgot to buy it). Would that make a difference to the taste? Also, my eldest, very discerning son pointed out that it would probably have tasted better with less 'old' frozen bananas, as I used some really overripe ones that I freeze for banana bread, muffins, pancakes etc. When he pointed that out, I agreed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janey,

      The coconut oil doesn't really alter the taste, it just adds extra health benefits. As to the "old" frozen bananas, that's what I generally use, but play around with what tastes best for you and your son. :)

      Delete