Wednesday 15 August 2012

Chia Seed Smoothie

I have recently started incorporating chia seeds into some of my recipes.  I love their versatility and they are a real superfood when it comes to healthy goodness.  This is what I had for breakfast this morning.  It was delicious!


Ingredients

1 banana - I used one that I had in the freezer
1/2 cucumber - I left the skin on, but you can peel it if you wish
2 handfuls frozen blueberries
3/4 cup orange/passionfruit juice - any juice would work, or water
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tbs chia seeds


Firstly, peel the banana and cut into chunks.  Drop them into a blender.  Cut the cucumber into chunks and drop them into the blender with the banana.  Add the blueberries, juice, coconut oil and chia seeds.

Blend until smooth and the consistency is how you want it.

Drink.  Enjoy!

Caryl ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment