Saturday 20 October 2012

Coconut Seed Slice

I've been baking these slices for my kids ever since they were very young.  They were called "Mum's Slice".  Last weekend, my eldest boy came home from Uni and asked me to make some for him to take back with him.  This time, though, I added some extra seed goodness too! :)


Ingredients

100 grms butter
2-3 tbsp golden syrup
1/4 cup chia gel
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup golden linseeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds


Melt butter with golden syrup in a saucepan. Add the chia gel (see recipe at Caryl's Cooking Creations: How to make a Chia Gel) and stir well.

Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl.

Pour butter mixture into dry ingredients and stir well, until just combined.

Spread mixture onto a medium sized baking tray, patting out until flat and even.

Bake in oven at 160 degrees C for approx. 20-25 minutes, until well browned.  (If you like your slices softer or more chewy, bake for 15 mins only.)

Leave on tray to cool, then turn out and cut into slices.

If there are any over, they will store well in an airtight container.  Although, I'm not sure how long for because they are always eaten up pretty quickly in my house! ;)

Enjoy!

Caryl ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment